Mary Elizabeth Winstead’s Original Netflix Movie Kate peaked in Nielsen’s streaming movie chart when it launched in mid-September.
The action drama is directed by Cédric Nicolas-Troyan and co-stars Tadanobu Asano, Miyavi, Michiel Huisman, Miku Martineau, Jun Kunimura and Woody Harrelson.
The film revolves around an elite assassin who has only one day to live after being poisoned and decides to spend his last hours hunting down the person who wants him dead.
Kate racked up 413 million minutes of viewing in the United States for the entire week of September 13 after its premiere on September 10, making it by far the most-watched movie in the hall, according to Nielsen’s ratings chart .
Original Netflix Movie Night books, which only aired on September 15, also made it to the top 10 most viewed movies of the week with 163 million minutes.
Nielsen only measures viewing on TVs in the United States and does not include content watched on computers or mobile devices. And the service currently only includes Amazon, Disney +, Hulu, and Netflix.
The 10 best streaming movies for the week of September 13-19 are below. Original films are marked with an asterisk; titles receiving simultaneous theatrical release in the United States and most international territories have two asterisks.
1. Kate * (Netflix), 413 million minutes viewed
2. Secure house (2012) (Amazon), 355 million
3. An unfinished life (Netflix), 253 million
4. Cruel ** (Disney +), 226 million
5. Moana (Disney), 211 million
6. Luca * (Netflix), 201 million
7. Night books * (Netflix), 163 million
8. Cinderella* (Amazon), 155 million
9. Long live * (Netflix), 144 million
ten. Firedrake and the Silver Dragon* (Netflix), 142 million