It’s time to look back to 2021 and see which movies topped the top 10 on the Netflix charts throughout the year. Below, we’ll walk you through the top-performing Netflix movies around the world, picking up the most points in the top 10.
The data comes from FlixPatrol which collects the top 10 data from around the world and then compiles the numbers to create the best lists. If a movie is number 1 in Netflix’s top 10, it gets 10 points.
Now, this data, while useful, is not perfect. For example, FlixPatrol is always adding new regions, which adds a lot of new points to the pool. The top 10 also don’t give us an overall idea of volume for any given day or month. For example, The unforgivable racked up more hours of streaming in its first 28 days, but didn’t stay in the top 10 until Army of the dead.
Additionally, measuring the top 10 globally often gives Netflix Original movies some advantages, as they are available worldwide and licensed movies may only be in a handful of regions and, therefore, not fall short of. to register.
Netflix themselves have started releasing hourly data, but alas, that doesn’t give us a full year, so we can’t give an accurate picture below.
We have also compiled a list of the most popular Spanish shows of 2021 and Korean shows with other lists in the works.
With that preamble out of the way, let’s dive into the most popular Netflix movies around the world in 2021.
Top 5 Netflix movies in 2021 according to the top 10
Note: Data is correct as of December 29.
1. Red notice
Number of points: 25,588
With the cast led by Ryan Reynolds, Dwayne Johnson, and Gal Gadot, it’s no surprise that Red Notice pulled the numbers for Netflix. Not only has he exceeded Bird box Having the most hours viewed on Netflix (364 million in the first 28 days vs. 282 million), it also performed well in Netflix’s top 10, still racking up points more than 46 days after its initial release.
2. We can be heroes
Number of points: 25,311
Release end of 2020, We can be heroes was insanely sticky in the top 10, especially at the start of 2021. The children’s film has now been in the film’s top 10 for over 214 days in the top 10 of the respective countries.
As we have seen with titles like CoComelon, a good children’s title can be reviewed over and over again and that was absolutely the case for We can be heroes.
3. Army of the dead
Number of points: 18 888
One of two Zack Snyder films released by Netflix in 2021, both existing in the new zombie universe that debuted in July with the blockbuster, Army of the dead.
The film now ranks as the tenth most popular Netflix movie in the first 28 days, with 186.54 million hours viewed.
4. Wish dragon
Number of points: 16 953
One of three Sony animated mics made by Netflix in 2021 was Wish Dragon, the delicious animated title directed by Chris Appelhans. The film lingered in the top 10 for almost 100 days worldwide, managing to beat The Mitchells vs. the Machines and Vivo.
5. Army of thieves
Number of points: 15 081
The second film produced by Zack Snyder in 2021 managed to climb to No.5 after its debut towards the end of October. What’s interesting is that Army of Thieves averaged 290 points per day in the top 10 compared to Army of the Dead ‘s 205 suggesting that there was a large audience towards the beginning of the film’s life on the service.
Top 50 Netflix Top 10 Full Movies for 2021
- Red notice (25,588 points)
- We can be heroes (25311 points)
- Army of the Dead (18888 points)
- Wish Dragon (16953 points)
- Army of Thieves (15081 points)
- The Mitchells vs the Machines (14902 points)
- Paternity (14660 points)
- The Culprit (12930 points)
- Yes day (12809 points)
- The Unforgivable (12635 points)
- Strong love (11782 points)
- Out of line (11,661 stitches)
- Love and Monsters (11582 points)
- Kate (11224 points)
- Vive (11037 points)
- Minions (10972 points)
- He is all that (10222 points)
- Sweet Girl (10051 points)
- Back in the Outback (9931 points)
- Blood Red Sky (9757 points)
- Major Grom: Plague Doctor (9642 points)
- My little pony: a new generation (9615 points)
- The Forgotten Battle (9321 points)
- The Kiss Kiosk 3 (9219 points)
- To All the Boys: Always and Forever (9058 points)
- Thunder Force (8842 points)
- Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (8637 points)
- I care a lot (8610 points)
- The woman at the window (8547 points)
- 365 days (8488 points)
- The more they fall (8433 points)
- The Beyond of the Party (8172 points)
- The Secret Life of Pets 2 (8161 points)
- The Last Mercenary (8132 points)
- A boy named Christmas (8045 points)
- Find ‘Ohana (7939 points)
- Night teeth (7824 points)
- Fifty Shades of Gray (7760 points)
- Resort to Love (7711 points)
- World News (7600 points)
- Gemini man (7472 points)
- Things Heard and Seen (7396 points)
- Awake (7217 points)
- Venom (6928 points)
- Deadly Illusions (6900 points)
- Below zero (6828 points)
- The White Tiger (6755 points)
- SAS: Red notice (6709 points)
- Street of Fear: 1994 (6653 points)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (6465 points)
Top 10 Most Viewed Netflix Movies In The First 28 Days
How many Netflix movies released in 2021 made it to the list of the top 10 movies watched every hour? Three.
Red Notice takes the first place with The unforgivable and Army of the dead also managing to take places 9 and 10 respectively.
1. Red notice – 364,020,000 hours
2. Bird Box – 282,020,000 hours
3. Extraction – 231,340,000 hours
4. The Irishman – 214,570,000 hours
5. The Kissing Booth 2 – 209,250,000 hours
6. 6 Underground – 205,470,000 hours
7. Spenser Confidential – 197,320,000 hours
8. Enola Holmes – 189,900,000 hours
9. The Unpardonable – 186,900,000 hours
10. Army of the Dead – 186,540,000 hours
What were your favorite Netflix movies of 2021? Let us know in the comments.